1 JANUARY 2018: JO SCOTT-DALGLEISH IS CURRENTLY TAKING A LEAVE OF ABSENCE FROM HER NUTRITION PRACTICE FOR MEDICAL REASONS AND IS UNFORTUNATELY UNABLE TO ACCEPT NEW CLIENTS FOR THE TIME BEING
Are you a triathlete, distance runner, cyclist or open water swimmer
Aiming for improved results from your training?
Seeking a personal best performance time?
Tackling a new event, distance or even sport?
Looking to get more out of your training time?
Struggling to complete training sessions due to fatigue?
Trying to reduce gastro-intestinal problems?
Recovering from injury?
Suffering from repeated infections?
Then a combination of research-based sports nutrition knowledge and the practice of nutritional therapy could help you to optimise both your performance and your health. This approach is known as functional or integrative sports nutrition.
Nutrition plays a critical role in helping you to get the most out of your training, maximise your recovery and deliver your optimum performance on race day. Getting it right contributes to improved performances; getting it wrong may lead to injury, illness, over-training or disappointing race results.
BSc (Hons) MBANT, NTCC is a West London based registered nutritional therapist specialising in supporting endurance sports participants, who are training for marathon, triathlon, cycling events, ultra running races or other challenges. All initial consultations take place face to face in Chiswick, London, W4
. The nearest tube station is Turnham Green on the District Line. Parking is available.
Working with Jo on your nutrition can help you...
- Ensure that you are eating a diet with the optimal balance of carbohydrates, fats and proteins, plus adequate vitamins, minerals and fibre, to meet your individual training and performance needs, using a periodization approach based on your individual event calendar where appropriate.
- Learn how to optimise your training, performance and recovery through practising appropriate ‘nutrient timing’ (nutrition before, during and after exercise).
- Develop an appropriate hydration strategy for training and racing, to minimise the risk of either dehydration or hyponatremia.
- Optimise your digestive health and develop strategies to help prevent gastro-intestinal distress.
- Strengthen your immune system, helping to reduce susceptibility to colds and other infections.
- Support your bone and joint health, helping to prevent injury.
Jo offers a variety of nutrition services and packages tailored to meet your requirements as an endurance sports participant. Please visit the Consultation Options
page for more details. .